Re: [libunwind] alloca()

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] alloca()
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:32:55 -0800

  Johan> So, this would mean that if I have stopped the program in a
  Johan> place where the stack pointer has been dynamically modified,
  Johan> I won't get a correct stack pointer if I ask libunwind about
  Johan> it?

No, it doesn't.  Remember: the unwind directives help the unwinder
form the frame-state of the _previous_ frame (caller).

BTW: I didn't mention that yesterday, but the function you posted also
saves/restores r4-r7. Since those are "preserved", unwind-directives
are also needed there (my apologies if this is obvious...).