[libunwind] GCC 3.3.2 not linking libunwind

From: Ian Wienand
Subject: [libunwind] GCC 3.3.2 not linking libunwind
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:32:10 +1100

Hi

I'm trying gcc working with libunwind support, and by default it
doesn't seem to link against the unwind library.  I have libunwind 0.96
installed OK, and configured gcc-3.3.2 with
--enable-libunwind-exceptions but when I try a simple test program, I
get an undefined ref to a symbol in libunwind.

I think it's because in the specs file libunwind isn't in the static
build.  I'm not sure if this is intended or not (hence I ask here and
not a gcc list), but the configure test for glibc doesn't seem to
think it needs -lunwind to build, so I guess it's not?

The attached patch illustrates the problem and my attempted solution.

-i
address@hidden
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au

--- from the orignal specs file ---
*libgcc:
%{static|static-libgcc:-lgcc
-lgcc_eh}%{!static:%{!static-libgcc:%{!shared:%{!shared-libgcc:-lgcc
-lgcc_eh}%{shared-libgcc:-lgcc_s%M -lunwind
-lgcc}}%{shared:%{shared-libgcc:-lgcc_s%M -lunwind}%{!shared-libgcc:-lgcc}}}}

-i