Re: [libunwind] remote unwinding and ptrace()

From: Umut Aymakoglu
Subject: Re: [libunwind] remote unwinding and ptrace()
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:39:59 -0800

Hi David -
You are right it is not completely libunwind issue. It is a ptrace() problem; a non-root process can not attach to a setuid/setgid process.This is mentioned in the man page of ptrace.
In this case is there an alternative to ptrace()?

thanks,
Umut
Inactive hide details for David Mosberger <address@hidden>David Mosberger <address@hidden>

          David Mosberger <address@hidden>