Re: [libunwind] sos_alloc()

From: Todd L Miller
Subject: Re: [libunwind] sos_alloc()
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:45:30 -0600 (CST)

        Those two fixes didn't seem to help, but I've been hacking on the
stock 0.96 release of libunwind, so I may be missing other fixes.  Is
there a (reasonable) way of getting the current libunwind sources without
using BK?  (Maybe convert the BK changesets from the 0.96 release to a
patch?)

        I've been working around the problem by doubling the sos_alloc
array size (up to 64K now).  I inserted an fprintf(stderr...) where
mempool.c and tables-ia64.c call sos_alloc() [they're the only two], and
only got this for tables-ia64.  I got 293 hits there, each of 112 bytes
which would 32816, just larger than the 32768 that I'd had before doubling
the pool again.  Is there a reason for tables-ia64
(_Uia64_get_kernel_table(), specifically) to use sos_alloc() instead of,
e.g., malloc()?

- Todd Miller