[libunwind] Re: multiple dynamic list-info addresses?

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] Re: multiple dynamic list-info addresses?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:40:36 -0800

  Todd> However, I had some trouble forcing _any_ dynamic list-info
  Todd> addresses to show up in the remote process, so I'm wondering
  Todd> if I did it wrong.  What I ended up having to do was copying
  Todd> global-asm-ia64.S, compiling it, and adding the following
  Todd> lines to a source file in a library I load into the remote
  Todd> process anyway:

  Todd> #include <libunwind.h>
  Todd> __attribute__((visibility ("hidden"))) unw_dyn_info_list_t
_U_dyn_info_list;

  Todd> I then linked the library as normal, excepting the additional
  Todd> global-asm-ia64.o file at the end.

  Todd> Is there a recommended procedure?

That's not good.  There should be one and only one place where the
dynamic unwind-info list is defined and that's in libunwind.so (if you
work off of the BK sources; for 0.96, it would be libunwind-ia64.so).

Of course, if your app doesn't link against libunwind, then you'll
never the the list defined.  In your case, I suppose it would be
easiest is you could force a load of libunwind.  Perhaps LD_PRELOAD.