RE: [libunwind] libunwind future availability

From: Thomas Hallgren
Subject: RE: [libunwind] libunwind future availability
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:43:19 +0100

David,

> David Mosberger <address@hidden> wrote:
> There already is support for HP-UX on IPF.  Not for PA-RISC though.
> In general, I welcome any contributions that add support for other
> platforms (OSes and architectures).  In fact, I suspect 90% of the
> libunwind code for ia64 should work out of the box for Windows on
> IPF.

That's good news.

I actually did download the latest version with the intention of
investigating the feasibility for a Windows port. There's one little
change that I'd like to request immediately. You have a directory called
"aux". For legacy reasons (MSDOS wasn't smart enough to invent /dev),
this is a reserved word in the Windows file system. Consequently, the
file won't even unzip there.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren