Re: [libunwind] parse_dynamic under DWARF

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] parse_dynamic under DWARF
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:29:15 -0700

Hi Max,

Sorry about the (extremely) slow response.  I was busy with a few
other things but am now back to working on libunwind.  For the next
release of libunwind, I'd like to update it so it's compliant with the
unwind-specification which HJ Lu defined for GCC (currently ia64-only,
but the intent/hope is for other platforms to adopt the same).  The
other major change is that I'd like to (finish) integrate your
DWARF2/x86-64 enhancements.

Your suggestions regarding the dynamic unwind support sound reasonable
to me, but I probably won't have useful comments until I have sync'd
up with your patches and had a chance to test them out a bit.

For starters, would you mind sending me your latest (hopefully
broken-out) patches?

Thanks,