[libunwind] x86_64 PIC archives

From: Mark Young
Subject: [libunwind] x86_64 PIC archives
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:04:55 -0700

David,

I want to create a shared object for x86_64 with libunwind statically linked
in. The libunwind archive files currently built for x86_64 contain non-PIC
objects which cannot be linked to create a shared object. The libunwind shared
object files contain PIC objects but I haven't found any way to relink them.
Would it be reasonable/possible for you either to compile everything as PIC or
to extend the build procedure to create a parallel set of libunwind archive
files containing PIC objects?

Thanks,
--Mark Young

--