[libunwind] Problems using unw_remote_init

From: Thomas Hallgren
Subject: [libunwind] Problems using unw_remote_init
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:38:47 +0100

I'm using the absolute latest version of libunwind (obtained with
BitKeeper) on a Linux ia64 platform. I run into problems when using
unw_init_remote() with the unw_local_addr_space and the third argument
being a unw_context_t initialized using unw_getcontext(). When I
eventually do unw_resume(), i get sporadic SIGSEGV faults in
_Uia64_install_cursor at the indicated line (Ginstall_cursor.S line
239):

        mov rp = r15
        ;;

===>    ld8 r28 = [r28]                 // r28 = rnat
        mov.m ar.rsc = r11              // put RSE into enforced lazy
mode

Could it be that the local/global offsets from [GL]cursor_i.h get mixed
up somehow or am I simply using libunwind in a way that's not intended?

My source is compiled without the UNW_LOCAL_ONLY flag and linked with
-lunwind-64 -lunwind

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren