[libunwind] Switching threads

From: Thomas Hallgren
Subject: [libunwind] Switching threads
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:28:02 +0100

I’m experiencing some problems with local unwinding that appears to be related to me accessing a cursor from a thread other then the one that initially created it (the initiator thread is suspended). I’m not at all sure about this though. So in the interest of ruling out possible causes I need to ask the following:

Once a cursor is initialized (using unw_getcontext and unw_init_local) and the thread where this happened is suspended, are there any cursor related functions other than unw_resume that cannot be called from another thread? In particular, is it OK to let another thread do unw_step, unw_get_reg, unw_set_reg, on such a cursor?

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren