[libunwind] Re: libunwind versions and conditional compile

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] Re: libunwind versions and conditional compile
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 05:35:20 -0700

  Thomas> It would be very nice if the libunwind-common.h could
  Thomas> contain some defines denoting the version of the libunwind
  Thomas> package.

OK, I put something like this in the bitkeeper tree now (and a 0.98
release should be forthcoming soon; hopefully today or tomorrow).
What I added is:

#define UNW_VERSION_MAJOR       0
#define UNW_VERSION_MINOR       98
#define UNW_VERSION_EXTRA       -alpha

#define UNW_VERSION_CODE(maj,min)       (((maj) << 16) | (min))
#define UNW_VERSION     UNW_VERSION_CODE(UNW_VERSION_MAJOR, UNW_VERSION_MINOR)

So, in theory, you can do things like:

#if (UNW_VERSION < UNW_VERSION_CODE(0, 98))
#endif

If this isn't what you had in mind, please let me know asap.