Re: [libunwind] libunwind v0.98 released

From: Matthieu Delahaye
Subject: Re: [libunwind] libunwind v0.98 released
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:25:47 -0500

>   Matthieu> If it is really supposed to be 0, is it possible to make
>   Matthieu> an exception?  (and set it to either 1 or 7). At the same
>   Matthieu> time I will split libunwind7 into two packages to prevent
>   Matthieu> us from this type of conflict into the future.
>
> Ah, I see, splitting the package by itself wouldn't help now that
> there already is the libunwind1 package.
>
> I'd prefer not to change the major version number of libunwind-setjmp.
> Is a minor version change sufficient?
No, it won't. There a symlink
/usr/lib/libunwind-setjmp.so.0 -> libunwind-setjmp.so.0.0.0
changing the minor version won't change the name of the source of the
link.

This is needed so that the dynamic linker can find the library between
the time that dpkg installs it and the time that ldconfig is run in the
postinst script. On certain case, this may be long.

However, I think that I can do a diversion. This would solve the
problem, as long as it is sure an application compiled with libunwind
0.9.3 will be able to use libunwind-setjmp from 0.11 . This would
prevent us from having to change any version.

Matthieu