Re: [libunwind] problem unwinding syscalls in 2.6 linux

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] problem unwinding syscalls in 2.6 linux
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:47:38 -0800

  Mike> From my own testing, it appears a process *not* in a syscall
  Mike> can be traced correctly using libunwind. I know that linux 2.6
  Mike> x86 introduced a new syscall implementation...

  Mike> Any tips or pointers on where to go next would be appreciated!

Yes, I found the same problem:

 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2004-11/msg00057.html

This issue causes Gtest-resume-sig in "make check" to fail, because it
wants to unwind across the "kill()" system-call stub.

I'm working on a draft patch which would fix this issue for glibc but
it will be up to the glibc-maintainers to decide whether or not they
care about such fixes.