Re: [libunwind] Basic use of dynamic features?

From: Richard C Bilson
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Basic use of dynamic features?
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:40:44 -0500 (EST)

> Calling a function
> from the command line in the debugger makes the calling
> function to be placed on another callstack than the
> application I want to debug.

If I'm understanding you and libunwind correctly (and either assumption
is open for debate) you should be fine with LOCAL_ONLY.  The real
question is whether the function that walks the stack is going to
execute in the same address space as the stack or not.  If so, and you
can obtain an unw_context_t or a ucontext_t corresponding to the stack
you want to walk, you shouldn't need remote unwinding.

- Richard