[libunwind] _ReadSLEB and _ReadULEB

From: Tommy Hoffner
Subject: [libunwind] _ReadSLEB and _ReadULEB
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:31:16 +0100

Whats the story behind _ReadSLEB and _ReadULEB?

I spent quite a lot of time locating a bug where the personality routine got in to an endless loop. Finally I fixed it by removing the two mentioned routines from the libunwind library (so it used the libipr versions instead)..

I'm using the latest ICC 8.1 with accompanying libipr together with libunwind 0.98.3.

I tried to see if there was any support in the distribution for controlling whether you want these in or not (there is some mentioning about them having something to do with a compability-bug in icc 8.0), but I didn't find any way apart from manually updating the Makefiles.

What is the plan for future releases. I would expect that the number of users running the ICC 8.0 compiler is steadily decreasing, so adding them should probably be optional, not removing them.

/Tommy

PS
My program contained two exeptions and two catch clauses. One, that was unwinding through dynamically generated code, worked. the other one didn't. My personal suspicion is that the lexically first ocurring worked and the other didn't, but I haven't verified since I got it working with the above solution.
DS.

--
Tommy Hoffner
Senior Software Designer

Ericsson AB
Development Unit Core Network Evolution
Tel:    +46 13 23 57 12
Fax:    +46 13 28 73 71
SMS/MMS:+46 730 43 61 56
address@hidden
www.ericsson.com

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the
message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only
send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such
corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any
consequences thereof.