Re: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0

From: Ian Wienand
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:48:43 +1000

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 03:08:43PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
> OK, this looks better.  However, on my machine, I had several versions
> of autoconf and automake installed and autogen.sh only worked after
> deinstalling automake1.4 and automake1.9 (leaving automake1.7).

Ahh, automake versions.  I'll figure out what versions work and put
explicit checks in either the autogen or the configure script.

As I assume you're using Debian did you know you can select what
version gets invoked when you run 'automake' via alternatives, e.g.

$ sudo update-alternatives --config automake

This way you don't need to de-install or faff around with environment
variables.

-i