Re: [libunwind] makefile rewrite

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [libunwind] makefile rewrite
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 12:19:09 -0700

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:37:47PM -0600, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned about this.  The reason I chose automake and
> libtool at the time was not for love of the tools, but simply because
> it would let me avoid having to worry about differences in
> Makefile-syntax and shared-library build rules.

Differences where?  The stuff you do with -nostdlibs and such
pretty much already limits portability to exactly the places
where libtool isn't needed.

And, frankly, I don't care about anything but the free os's,
none of which have odd build rules.  Let someone who cares about
such systems worry about their odd porting problems.

r~