Re: [libunwind] makefile rewrite

From: David Mosberger-Tang
Subject: Re: [libunwind] makefile rewrite
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:13:30 -0600

On 5/27/06, Richard Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:

And, frankly, I don't care about anything but the free os's,
none of which have odd build rules.  Let someone who cares about
such systems worry about their odd porting problems.

Well, I don't care a *huge* amount about non-free OSes, but the
current libunwind does build and work on HP-UX and I'd hate to see
that go away.  I find it very useful to occasionally compile with
different OS/compiler-combos to find portability-issues.

Also, the -nostdlib stuff is only needed when building libunwind as a
system-library.  libunwind can be (and is being) cross-compiled for
"remote" unwinding so preserving portability there is desirable, IMO.

Mosberger Consulting LLC, http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/