Re: [Libunwind-devel] Multi-platform unwinding i386 binary on x86_64 bug

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Multi-platform unwinding i386 binary on x86_64 bugs and patch.
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:09:39 -0400

David,

Originally, they were but, unfortunately they have now accumulated and become somewhat merged. Can I suggest starting with the test cases that were added? They should highlight the problems that were encountered (e.g., vdso segment, unwind through signal handler) and let you think about the best way to solve each problem.

Andrew

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
On 5/3/07, *Andrew Cagney* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    > I think David still should be the primary reviewer for that. I'd be
    > happy to review any x86/x86_64 specific bits.

    I look forward to this.

I had started looking at the frysk patches but there are several unrelated changes and it wasn't always apparent to me why certain changes were made. I think it would help if the patches were broken up into individual, "obviously-correct" pieces that are submitted by mail.

Mosberger Consulting LLC, http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/