Re: [Libunwind-devel] Power Libunwind

From: Jose Flavio Aguilar Paulino
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Power Libunwind
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:53:15 -0300

Hi David,

I have already changed the copyright headers, what happened was that I
just copied the headers of others libunwind files.
I was already debugging the powerpc64 libunwind, and the work around I
used to solve the function address does no work.
I really need a function in elfxx to translate the function address.
This happens because there are sections with this toc structure:
typedef struct
{
  unsigned long entry;
  unsigned long toc;
  unsigned long env;
} func_descr_t;

In power everytime I have a branch to a function the branch refers to
this a toc table with entries like the above.

Maybe we should put a common file for the x86 archs that do not
translate the function pointer, just return the same.

What you and the community thinks?

Thanks,
Flavio