Re: [Libunwind-devel] Explicitly exporting CFA

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Explicitly exporting CFA
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:59:36 -0500

1.98c worth:

- the "CFA" value is from the frame inner to cursor
can I suggest a name like UNW_REG_INNER_CFA?

- can it be assigned a negative constant value so that it can't polute the ISA register number space when extending the x86 register numbers I had to leave a gap in the middle to ensure "binary" number compatibility, giving these libunwind "registers" constant -ve values would help avoid that in the future

Andrew