Re: [Libunwind-devel] cursor.is_interrupted() or is_...

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] cursor.is_interrupted() or is_...
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:12:18 +0100

Hi Arun,

Thanks for looking through these patches.
I will chop them up a little and clean up the stuff you pointed out.

Arun Sharma wrote:
Some comments:

* Could we do some configure time checks for the UNW_LOCAL_ONLY case to see if the glibc is patched. If it is, perhaps we can simplify unw_is_signal_frame?

I am not sure (and admit to have not thought about the local only case since in frysk we are usually concerned about the remote case). And in general a program could be linked with another libc or the program could handle signals complete by hand (ewww) and have the same problem of not marking up the frames with the correct cfi info.

* unw_step has some lines which exceed 80 columns

Will set my terminals to 80 and fix.

* There is a new file with HP's 2006 copyright?

Oops. I double check that it isn't derived from anything else and fix.

* The patch seems to undo:

http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=libs/libunwind/libunwind.git;a=commit;h=31440e9796bb34146372df52ed59c4f68ea5839d

why?

I made a mistake in combining the patches so that it looks like this also reverts that particular patch. Looks like a merge mistake in frysk's libunwind. I'll fix it in our tree.

Thanks,

Mark