Re: [Libunwind-devel] compilation errors involving _Unwind_Resume

From: Adam Portley
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] compilation errors involving _Unwind_Resume
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:03:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi Arun,

I'm using a version from savannah mentioned in perftools:
 http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/libunwind/libunwind-snap-070410.tar.gz
but I can try downloading from git if it's likely to be more up-to-date.

Thanks very much for the linking suggestion.  I couldn't find -lgcc_eh (maybe because my gcc was compiled with "--enable-shared=libstdc++"?) but I was able to compile using "libgcc.a libunwind.a libstdc++.a".  Are there any drawbacks to using this instead?  Just for curiosity's sake, why does adding libgcc resolve the multiple definition error?

I guess the warnings in perftools/INSTALL about static linkage apply to my case (since I'm linking with the *.a files).  I will add the --eh-frame-hdr linker option as suggested.  Do you know of any other caveats?  I'd prefer to not have to install these libraries everywhere if possible - do you think this setup will work given that the app is compiled on a 32 bit machine and run on x86_64?

Thanks again,
--Adam.