[Libunwind-devel] libunwind on x86 (32-bit) not using unwind info?

From: Ralph Loader
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind on x86 (32-bit) not using unwind info?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:36:19 +1300

Hi,

I'm trying to get libunwind working on 32-bit x86.  As far
as I can tell, it is never using the DWARF unwind info but instead
always falls back to following the frame-pointer chain.

Is this intended behaviour or am I doing something wrong?  (I am
compiling with -fasynchronous-unwind-tables).

Symptoms I'm seeing are:

1. if I unwind through a signal handler where the signal interrupted
either a function prologue or epilogue, then the back-trace is
incorrect.

2. unwinding with -fomit-frame-pointer doesn't work and often segfaults.

3. unw_proc_info_t.unwind_info member is always NULL.

Ralph.