[Libunwind-devel] Getting parameters on x86_64 as part of backtrace

From: Bala Narasimhan
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Getting parameters on x86_64 as part of backtrace
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:34:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I have been trying to use libunwind to get a backtrace, along with
parameters to the routines, on x86_64. I call unw_get_reg() to get the
values of the registers RDI, RSI, RDX, RCX and R8 for each frame since
these are the registers that are used to pass the parameters to the
called routine. Since these registers values are not saved across
calls, there is no gaurantee that they will contain the correct values
when I call unw_get_reg(). Is there some other place to look for the
parameters?

I am not able to get the parameters even when I compile with '-g'.
Since gdb is able to do it correctly, I would assume we can do it as
well with libunwind. Can you tell me how this can be done?

Thanks!
 Compose Email:
address@hidden

Add to Contacts