[Libunwind-devel] Libunwind for MIPS32 and MIPS64 platform

From: sandeep lahane
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Libunwind for MIPS32 and MIPS64 platform
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:14:59 +0530

Hello,

I  am having a look at libunwind git development tree, my requirement
is to get backtraces on a mips32 and mips64 machine.
After looking at the libunwind code, I think it has been ported to
mips platform but when cross compile it for mips32 platform
I do no see the backtrace symbol in libunwind-mips.a? There is no
backtrace.c in mips/src folder?

I might be compiling it in a wrong way, here are the steps I follow,

1. ./ configure --target=mips CC=mips-unknow-gnu-linux --enable-shared=yes
2. make
3. sudo make install

An archieve libunwind-mips.a is created and installed, this does not
have backtrace symbol. Do I have to add backtrace.c mips and
compile again? Or is there something basic I am missing here?

--
Regards,
Sandeep.