Re: [Libunwind-devel] 'mcontext_t' has no member named 'arm_r0'

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] 'mcontext_t' has no member named 'arm_r0'
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:43:17 -0500

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 12:38:41PM +1100, Thierry Panthier wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> On february last year I saw a message about this problem and you recommended
> using a toolchain from CodeSourcery.

I do still read this list, but if you have a question for me it's
probably better to CC; that way I'm sure to get it.  Thanks.

> We currently use a toolchain for ARM processors based on gcc 4.3.2 and glibc
> 2.9 and I would prefer to keep it (unless you point me a reason not to :)).
>
> Well... I took a look my glibc headers and found out that mcontext_t is an
> opaque data type.
>
>     typedef struct sigcontext mcontext_t;
>
> As I needed to run mpatrol on my board I did a quick hack on libunwind so
> that I could cross-compile it.
>
> I just cast the mcontext_t variable to struct sigcontext.
>
> Is that a valid patch? What would you recommend?

I'm sorry, your patch doesn't make sense to me.  If your headers have
the typedef above, then the cast you've added doesn't have any effect;
struct sigcontext * and mcontext_t * are the same.  What's going on?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery