Re: [Libunwind-devel] RE: Solaris port ?

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] RE: Solaris port ?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:23:44 -0700

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Jason Vas Dias
<address@hidden> wrote:
> What I had in mind was a simple wrapper around Solaris libc's
>  printstack(3):
>
> or (from `man -s3 printstack') :
>
>     int     walkcontext(const     ucontext_t     *uptr,      int
>     (*operate_func)(uintptr_t, int, void *), void *usrarg);
>
>     int printstack(int fd);

I'm not aware of anyone working on a Solaris port. Did you consider
implementing a wrapper around libunwind that implements the
walkcontext() interface?

google-perftools uses an interface called GetStackTrace() to abstract
away how different platforms implement stack unwinding.

http://code.google.com/p/google-perftools/source/browse/trunk/src/google/stacktrace.h
http://code.google.com/p/google-perftools/source/browse/trunk/src/stacktrace_libunwind-inl.h

 -Arun