Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind x86-64 optimisations?

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind x86-64 optimisations?
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:34:35 +0200

Hey,

This could also be a dynamic stack realignment (for support of
vectorization).  I didn't think x86-64 needed that, though.

Basically I guess I worry about use of DW_CFA_def_cfa_expression. From what I can tell it's little used on x86-64 (linux) except for syscall page and a few glibc exceptions.

Does anyone know any real-life uses of these?

I've only tried GCC up to 4.3.2 myself and don't see any use of these on systems I tried (readelf --debug-dump=frames {/usr,}/lib64/*.so* | grep DW_CFA_def_ | sort | uniq -c | less)

Lassi