Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind x86-64 optimisations?

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind x86-64 optimisations?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:48:37 +0200

Hi,

On 28 Aug 2009, at 02:25, Arun Sharma wrote:

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Lassi Tuura <address@hidden> wrote:

1) C++ compatibility clean-up

http://cmssw.cvs.cern.ch/cgi-bin/cmssw.cgi/COMP/CMSDIST/libunwind- cleanup.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup

I've applied this patch.

Thanks!

2) Various performance optimisations

http://cmssw.cvs.cern.ch/cgi-bin/cmssw.cgi/COMP/CMSDIST/libunwind- optimise.patch?revision=1.5&view=markup

Were you able to test with libatomic-ops installed?

For the deadlock problems, one solution is to implement your own dl_iterate_phdr which is lock free and async signal safe. This might require minor changes to your libc.

Not yet, thanks for the advice. I was away on holiday for some time, and will be picking up all this again. I am afraid touching libc is beyond what we can do...

Lassi