Re: [Libunwind-devel] Re: [patch 2/2] Allow caller to block signals.

From: Mark Rabkin
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Re: [patch 2/2] Allow caller to block signals.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:29:31 -0700

Hey Guys,

Sorry to jump in late here but could you give a couple more sentences of
clarification of what this patch intends to accomplish?

Is this simply a performance gain by allowing the users of
google::GetStackTrace() to block signals once (and maybe lock a mutex) at a
higher level of libunwind?  Or does this help ensure correctness and more
complete stack traces?

I'm wondering if we should turn this option on in our multithreaded servers
that take a lot of traces (sampling some various activities).

- Mark