Re: [Libunwind-devel] Exception handling routines on x86

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Exception handling routines on x86
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:45:27 -0800

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

i've tested libunwind's exception handling routines under linux-x86 (compiled into libunwind via --enable-cxx-exceptions). Initially my test program segfaulted, so i've patched the code of libunwind a little bit. Two patches are attached.

The first patch addresses a difference between gcc and libunwind: the size of exception_class is different - libunwind uses a 32-bit value whereas gcc uses and expects a 64-bit value (which equals to 'GNUCC++\0' or 'GNUCC++\x01')

I applied your first patch with minor modifications. Will hopefully get to the second patch later this week.

 -Arun