Re: [Libunwind-devel] Why nobody answers?

From: jacob navia
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Why nobody answers?
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 23:16:00 +0100

Arun Sharma a écrit :
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Lassi Tuura <address@hidden> wrote:
I think I am completely stuck.

The people that developed libunwind are in this list?
I think so.

They *could* help me out of course.
I don't know. If Apple hacked the library, I am not sure libunwind developers
can help.

What Lassi said. We can't help you with a library for which we don't
have the source for.
Of course not. And, if you read my message I was asking for help in
porting YOUR version to Apple OS X!
A port for another OS and a different executable format would have to
implement the interfaces in:

os-linux.c
This looks quite easy, apparently the only routine is tdep_get_elf_image, that scans thge list of images and finds the one with the given ip. I can do that,
not very complicated

elfxx.c/h
OK. That doesn't look very complicatedeither, there are two functions:
(1) lookup_symbol.
  I have    lready one routine that is equivalent
(2) get_proc_name
  I have also a routine that is equivalent (using a mach header

So, that looks quite "easy" (3-4 days)
libunwind is a volunteer project and not everyone has the time,
documentation and access to different types of hardware.
I did not expect anyone to help me in porting. If I want to port it I will do it.
I just need general stuff like the one you pointed me above.

The port would replace a pointer to a mach image instead of a pointer to an
elf image. At the end (if I arrive that far :-) we can change the name elf_image
to something more format independent.

Thanks for your help

jacob