Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:27:08 -0700

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Konstantin Belousov <address@hidden> wrote:
> AC_CHECK_DECLS: Is there is a simpler solution to the problem?
We can assume that presence of one of PTRACE_* or PT_* symbol
implies presence of all others, as example. I did this that way
to possibly aid in portability to other BSD variants/Mac OS X,
that could define only part of the PT_* symbols.

Or, we can define autoconf macro to simplify configure.in.

autoconf macro sounds like a good idea.

I think the best would be to require libexecinfo on freebsd for test
run. It will be noted in documentation, but no check is needed.
What is your opinion ?

Documentation is fine.

>   - Gtest-dyn1.c: FreeBSD doesn't like malloc.h
Fixed by checking for malloc.h. On the other hand, is malloc.h needed
there at all ?

Getting rid of malloc.h does't break the Linux build. Lets go with this fix for now.

 -Arun