Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:36:11 -0700

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Konstantin Belousov <address@hidden> wrote:
Are the results of running make check for Linux x86 and x86_64 available
somewhere ? Are all tests passed ? I am asking because I am investigating
the bug where dwarf unwinder on x86 computes %ebp location for the
main() procedure bogusly, pointing to it %esi, that is wrong and causes
unw_step() to fail (on x86). I assume that this is a bug of my port,
but still worth checking.

I see 4 failures on x86_64 and 6 on x86. Most of it due to unimplemented functionality.

One possible reason for the failures may be due to the fact that dwarf and libunwind use different register numbering. The map is given by:

x86/Gglobal.c:dwarf_to_unw_regnum_map

 -Arun