Re: OSX port (Was [Libunwind-devel] Why nobody answers?)

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: OSX port (Was [Libunwind-devel] Why nobody answers?)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:49:25 -0700

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Arun Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM, jacob navia <address@hidden> wrote:
I did not expect anyone to help me in porting. If I want to port it I will do it.
I just need general stuff like the one you pointed me above.

The port would replace a pointer to a mach image instead of a pointer to an
elf image. At the end (if I arrive that far :-)  we can change the name elf_image
to something more format independent.

Sounds reasonable. Hope I didn't leave you with the impression that ports to other OSes are not welcome :)

Hope the recently merged FreeBSD port and the associated code reorganization is helpful for you in figuring out which specific routines need to be re-targeted for another OS.

 -Arun