Re: [Libunwind-devel] remote unwinding and process detach?

From: Andrew Burgess
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] remote unwinding and process detach?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:54:05 -0700

On 05/12/2010 02:06:54 AM, POKHARAKAR Sandeep wrote:

I think here I am facing issue of something like thread context.
I need to somehow get context of the 2nd thread / suspend 2nd thread,
read callstack and resume again 2nd thread. I am not sure of these
and even I am wondering how to do this from my 1st thread.

what I did once for a similar problem was have each thread generate it's
own backtrace. I installed signal handlers
for sigusr1 for each thread at startup and generate the backtrace
from the signal handler.

this wasn't using libunwind but perhaps the idea is useful?