Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support

From: andris.zeila
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:01:06 +0200

On 2010-07-22 22:12, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Sven Neumann<address@hidden>  wrote:
>   >  So I'd like to know what the current state of the support for ARM is. Is
>   >  what I am trying to do supposed to work? Should I be trying a particular
>   >  branch perhaps?
>
> I'll let ARM developers comment on this. Some generic debugging tips:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug
> UNW_DEBUG_LEVEL=xx your-test
>
> where xx is a bitmask (such as 15).
>
> I suspect that you'll need to do:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug-frame
>
> on ARM - based on the patches that were posted to the list earlier.

Also You can try compiling ARM binary with frame pointers and  -mapcs-frame
option enabled. That should help getting backtraces from binaries without
debug information.

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.