Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] status of ARM support
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:29:41 +0300

Hi,

> I've tried that now, unfortunately without much success. Here's the
> output from a simple test application with debug output enabled. As you
> can see, dwarf_step() fails and then the code crashes in the alternative
> approach using the frame chain:

I submitted a stack of patches related to this for x86_64 a little while ago.
Your problem can be something else but it looks related. Can you check in GDB
or some other way where the address 0x400406b7 resides?

If it is related to my validation patches, I suggest you check you use GCC
which generates correct frame info in the first place (4.5.0 or newer) for as
much code as you can, then check to make sure addresses are validated correctly
on your platform.

If you have invalid frame info, which you will very likely have if any of your
code was compiled with GCC < 4.5, or you have functions without proper frame
descriptions, you'll need good address validation routine or your stack walker
will almost certainly die.

Regards,
Lassi