Re: [Libunwind-devel] crashes trying to get a backtrace from a signal ha

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] crashes trying to get a backtrace from a signal handler (ARM)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:16:17 +0200

Hi,

over the last days I have found time to investigate the unwind problem
on the ARM platform further. It turned out that uClibc was built without
any debug information. So I have now changed that in the hope that this
would get the unwinder over __default_sa_restorer() from /lib/libc.so.0.
Unfortunately this didn't help and the backtrace is still stuck in this
function. As I explained earlier, getting a backtrace works fine if it
is invoked from normal code. Only backtraces generated from a signal
handler have this problem.

I have run this with UNW_DEBUG_LEVEL=1000 and generated a large file
with debug output. Since this file is definitely too large for this
list, I've uploaded it here:  http://svenfoo.org/misc/arm.unwind

It would be terrific if you guys could have a look at this output and/or
tell me what else I could try to make this work eventually.

Thanks,
Sven