[Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures

From: Zach Welch
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:32:36 -0700

I have been looking over libunwind in recent weeks for the purpose of
validating that it can work with Thumb-2 code and on ARMv7a cores.
Consequently, I started with trying to get the test suite to pass (as
much as can be reasonably expected). Presently, I am seeing several
failures on x86 and many more on ARM. I have been trying several
different toolchains (recently, daily gcc-4.5.2 builds from Linaro on
Ubuntu Maverick) with no discernible improvement.

Sadly, I have not been able to do much to improve my status quo, despite
my various efforts. Can anyone report that the test suite works fully?
Or is this an endemic problem? The fact that I have not seen recent list
traffic about this topic leads me to think that I am alone in my misery,
but I am writing to see if someone can share a similar story.

--
Zach Welch
CodeSourcery