[Libunwind-devel] Re: Ltest-nomalloc failure

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Re: Ltest-nomalloc failure
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:50:23 -0700

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Zach Welch <address@hidden> wrote:
Setting a breakpoint on malloc when running Ltest-nomalloc shows that
fopen() indirectly allocates memory. I am not sure how to prevent that,
but here's a backtrace for our mutual amusement and consideration.

x86 defaults to:  --enable-debug-frame=no, so it shouldn't be an issue. There are other code paths that result in calls to malloc when this option is enabled.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.unwind.devel/390/focus=439

The fix for this particular issue would be to replace calls to fopen with open(2).

 -Arun