[Libunwind-devel] Enhanced backtrace cache

From: Jason Evans
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Enhanced backtrace cache
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:17:16 -0800

Last April, Lassi Tuura posted a patch series on this list that implements fast backtracing. I enhanced his work to use a dynamically sized hash table, and to call user-specified allocation functions rather than malloc/free.

These changes allowed me to use the backtrace cache in jemalloc for the purposes of heap profiling, ,and the code has been stable for over six months now. I would like to see these patches integrated into libunwind, so that the dependent changes to jemalloc can meaningfully be committed for a future release.

Thanks,
Jason