[Libunwind-devel] Re: Backtrace from signal handler on arm from threads

From: Henrik Grindal Bakken
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Re: Backtrace from signal handler on arm from threads
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:42:16 +0100

Lassi Tuura <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not familiar enough with ARM toolchain to say one way or another.
>
> In terms of what ELF libraries can contain, sure it should be possible.
> The unwind info is in .eh_frame{,_hdr} sections on other platforms. But
> I had understood from other ARM-related mails on this list that some other
> (.debug_frame?) section was used on ARM instead. I don't know if that is
> universal, or specific to one toolchain (IIRC that was uclibc).

Hmm.  I'm certain I did respond to this, but I haven't seen it on the
list...

Anyway, I've now gotten my backtrace to work, but I do need debug
symbols in glibc (I'm using objcopy --add-gnu-debuglink so I don't
have to have a huge libc.so, but can package the symbols separately).
Many thanks for your help, both you and Paul.

My next step is to find out if I can get the unwind info in a separate
section, but that's less critical.

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <address@hidden>
PGP ID: 8D436E52