Re: [Libunwind-devel] Updated fast trace patch with initial performance

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Updated fast trace patch with initial performance results
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:29:41 +0200

Hi,

>> Any thoughts how to free per-thread data with __thread? Any tricks to get
>> the destructor call effect without risking the calloc() call?
>
> Does pthread_cleanup_push() work?

Can you expand on how you'd see it used? I understand the documentation says
it's restricted to one lexical scope which seems not easily adapted to tracing.

As far as I can tell GLIBC implementation is basically just an object on stack,
destroyed if stack is unwound. I guess thread cancellation or exit does the
latter automatically.

Regards,
Lassi