[Libunwind-devel] Cross unwinding support broken

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Cross unwinding support broken
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:11:53 -0700

I just noticed that libunwind cross unwinding support (HOST != TARGET)
has been broken since April 2009. It's a mode that I don't personally
use - but I was guessing that other people use libunwind in this mode
often. The lack of bug reports in this area suggests otherwise.

I traced this back to:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libunwind-devel/2009-04/msg00009.html

When building libunwind via:

./configure --target=arm on x64, the changes from that patch cause
tdep-x86_64/libunwind_i.h to be included instead of
"tdep-arm/libunwind_i.h" (which was the case before the patch).

There are probably other minor bugs lurking as well. Hopefully we can
flush them out quickly.

 -Arun