Re: [Libunwind-devel] ARM building

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] ARM building
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:12:21 -0700

2011/11/2 Stéphane Régnier <address@hidden>:

> I've also found an upper level library doing what I want,
> google-breakpad. It has its own unwinder (which work not so bad) but it
> seems possible to use libunwind instead, I'll take a look on that. But
> libunwind usage is flagged "still in development", does anybody have
> already tried to do it ?

Reading through:

http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/wiki/SymbolFiles (stack CFI section)

and

http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/source/browse/trunk/src/processor/stackwalker_amd64.cc

looks like they reimplemented the libunwind functionality in C++, in
the process translating DWARF to another interpreted language (stack
CFI?) to achieve the same outcome.

 -Arun