Re: [Libunwind-devel] ARM building

From: Ken Werner
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] ARM building
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 18:06:37 +0100

On 11/02/2011 05:12 PM, Arun Sharma wrote:
2011/11/2 Stéphane Régnier<address@hidden>:

I've also found an upper level library doing what I want,
google-breakpad. It has its own unwinder (which work not so bad) but it
seems possible to use libunwind instead, I'll take a look on that. But
libunwind usage is flagged "still in development", does anybody have
already tried to do it ?

Reading through:

http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/wiki/SymbolFiles (stack CFI section)

and

http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/source/browse/trunk/src/processor/stackwalker_amd64.cc

looks like they reimplemented the libunwind functionality in C++, in
the process translating DWARF to another interpreted language (stack
CFI?) to achieve the same outcome.

It seems the code doesn't handle the the ARM specific unwind tables (yet?). On Android on ARM for example the ELF binaries usually don't have any DWARF CFI but .ARM.exidx and .ARM.extab sections that contain the ARM specific unwind info.

Regards
Ken