Re: [Libunwind-devel] .so version bump .7 -> .8 [Re: libunwind 1.0.1]

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] .so version bump .7 -> .8 [Re: libunwind 1.0.1]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:13:09 -0800

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Jan Kratochvil
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Why was the library bumped libunwind-ia64.so.7 -> libunwind-ia64.so.8 ?
> This would mean there are ABI breakages.  What needs to be updated?

I was going by this guideline in Makefile.am:

#    4. If any interfaces have been added, removed, or changed since the
#       last update, increment current, and set revision to 0.

Since we added new interfaces (eg: fast unwinding interface on x64), I
incremented current.

Having said that I don't recall any obvious ABI breakages. It'd be
interesting to know if setting up a symlink makes gdb happy.

 -Arun