Re: [Libunwind-devel] Reg: Libunwind with threads lib and system calls

From: Sasikanth
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Reg: Libunwind with threads lib and system calls
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:11:34 +0530

Thanks for your support I did it in other way ..... :)

Yes I'm upset because no one has tried or looked the test program i had sent (I sent that program because there some genius guys, who only talk about the code like Linux kernel guys,
can easily figured out the issue :( and  mistake i had did :(. I'm little unlucky).

Everyone asking me to verify the lib with working "foo" test program :( , If that program works fine does it mean the lib is working fine? :(.

I'm sorry I could not able write a better mail. I am very poor in  sentence framing :( will improve it ... thanks for bearing my English and thanks for your help.  :) :)

I will not bother you guys again .. :)

Thanks
Sasi

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Arun Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Sasikanth <address@hidden> wrote:
> Arun,
>
>   I clearly told stack trace not working because of invalid frame pointer
> ...without a proper frame pointer unwind not able to unwind the stack and
> asked her does  this libunwind supports similar to GDB.

I'm having a hard time parsing this sentence - but if your question
is: can libunwind unwind the stack properly in the absence of frame
pointers using DWARF CFI information, the answer is yes.

Since this is working for you with GDB, I'm guessing that the DWARF
CFI info is there and GDB is able to find it, but libunwind is not. If
you run your program with UNW_DEBUG_LEVEL=xx, we can probably figure
out what's going wrong.

Some linux distributions may strip ELF binaries and ship debug info
separately. It's possible that gdb knows how to find the separately
shipped unwind info, but libunwind doesn't.

> libunwind works only with test programs works not with library.

I know of no such limitation.

I see this is the 7th message on this topic and you're sounding a bit
upset. If you don't provide further information or ask questions in a
form that people can understand, it's going to be hard to help you.

 -Arun